Who we are
Living Energy Pilates & Rehabilitation is a family run business based in Greensborough, Victoria run by husband and wife team, Rafael and Nadia.
Sharing a common goal in their approach to leading a healthy and fruitful life, they have combined their passion and talents to create an ethical business that aims to help people enrich their own lives.
Rafael Merino – Pilates Director
Rafael’s passion is to inspire others to lead healthier lives. To this end Rafael enjoys practicing Pilates, is a keen runner, and coaches Junior Soccer. As an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Rafael also regularly attends industry workshops, seminars and conferences to ensure that he remains abreast of the latest rehabilitation and strength and conditioning research.
Rafael specialises in teaching the Pilates Method, having started learning Pilates after experiencing recurring lower back pain himself. Rafael’s own experiences with the efficacy of the Pilates Method inspired him to continue his education in Pilates so that he could assist others overcome and manage their own physical ailments successfully. Rafael has been teaching Pilates full time since 2002.
Rafael’s qualifications include:
- Masters in Clinical Exercise
- Advanced Diploma of Pilates Instruction
- Certified Polestar Pilates for Rehabilitation
- Workplace Trainer & Assessor
- Sports Massage Therapist
- Personal Trainer
- Junior Soccer Coach
Nadia Lapadula-Merino – Customer Service & Administration Manager
Apart from being one of our receptionists at the Studio, Nadia is a qualified Feng Shui Consultant. Additional information about Nadias Feng Shui business can be found at www.living-energy.com.au. Nadia is passionate about the environment, the buildings within it and creating a sustainable future for all to enjoy. Her passion has led her to study a variety of areas in physical and environmental wellbeing. Her aim is to share her knowledge and experience to empower people to make informed lifestyle choices.
- a qualified Trainer and Assessor, having run certified and general interest classes for groups from 3 to 30 participants
- a qualified Feng Shui & Geomancy Consultant trained by the Australian College of Environmental Studies, a platinum member of the Association of Feng Shui Consultants and a member of the Feng Shui Network.
- a Spirale Colour Therapist, helping people choose the right colours to support them
- a Reiki practitioner, trained in the Usui Shiki Ryoho system
- a qualified Thai Massage Therapist, trained by the Wat Po International Medical School in Bangkok