Are you wanting to lose weight and don’t know where to start and what to believe?
Are you on a calorie controlled diet?
Are you struggling to lose or gain weight?
Are you on a diet and have reached a frustrating plateau?
This may be because your Metabolism is working against you!
Your Metabolism is the primary mechanism which determines whether you will lose or gain weight. Understanding your Metabolism is critical to the success of any weight loss / gain efforts. If you have a slow metabolism this will make it very hard for you to lose weight. In contrast fast metabolisms burn fat easily and often have trouble gaining weight.
Metabolic Testing with an Indirect Calorimeter is the gold standard in Metabolic Testing and Analysis. It is the only way to get an accurate measure of your Metabolic Rate. Normally you could only have this done at great expense as part of an elite sports team or university research project. However we are able offer this service now to you.
The only way to measure your metabolism is to undergo a Metabolic Test. The test is easy, lie back and relax for 10-15 minutes while a machine monitors your breathing. The test measures and reports all the important elements that determine your metabolism. Based on this data we can :
- pinpoint your weight gain / loss zones in to achieve your weight management goals.
- recommend personalised dietary changes necessary to put your metabolism into the right zone
- recommend changes to your exercise training patterns
Once you have that initial benchmark metabolic data, in subsequent consultations we can re-test the metabolism and evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention.
Before the Test?
In order to achieve an accurate result ensure the following:
- do not eat or drink anything other than water 4 hours before the test. This is critically important. If you do eat or drink anything before the test, there is a strong likelihood that the test may have to be postponed to another time.
- do not smoke at least 4 hours before the test.
- avoid any strenuous activity/exercise at least 3 hours before your test.
Medication – Continue to take any medication as normal and only delay the timing of your medication if it’s safe to do so. If you delay, remember to bring your medication with you so you can take it after the test. If you have any concerns about doing the test, please seek advice from your GP.
During the Test
During the test you will be invited to recline in a comfortable position and relax.
You will have a mouth piece in your mouth which will monitor your Oxygen consumption and Carbon Dioxide production in real time. You will have a nose peg on to ensure all breathing is done via the mouth piece.
Wear clothes you are comfortable in, the more relaxed you are the better the test, so wear clothing that you will be most relaxed in.
- 1. Relax and close your eyes during the test.
- 2. Keep lips sealed lightly around the mouthpiece . It is important that all the air you breathe out is analyzed.
- 3. In just 10 minutes, your metabolic rate will be measured!
Are the results accurate?
The Indirect Calorimeter machine is extremely accurate and is made in the Australia and used in Hospitals and Universities for research.
The tests are safe and conducted by an Exercise Physiologist. There are no known risks from doing a Resting Metabolic Rate test.
FEES – Metabolic Analysis
Rebates may be available for GPMP, TCA, T2DM, and DVA clients. For privately funded clients the fees are listed below.
|Metabolic Analysis Fees|
|1 x Initial Metabolic Analysis (60min approx) $99|
|1 x 30 min Follow-up Metabolic Analysis - $66|