WHY EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are the most highly qualified exercise professionals in Australia. They are university qualified allied health professionals who specialise in the prescription and delivery of clinical exercise and lifestyle modification programs. They possess the knowledge, skills and competency to work with people with chronic and complex diseases, people with injuries and people who are apparently healthy.
AEPs must adhere to strict criteria in order to maintain accreditation and stay up to date with current research in the field.
WHAT CAN AN EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST HELP ME WITH?
- Chronic disease prevention and management (e.g. diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (e.g. RSI/overuse injuries, back pain, joint pain & instabilty)
- Strength and conditioning
- Corrective exercise/postural correction
- Pre & post-operative rehab and reconditioning
- High cholesterol and blood pressure
- Reduction of coronary artery disease (heart attack, angina) risk factors
- Stress and anxiety
- Sleep quality
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Neurological conditions (e.g Parkinson’s, stroke)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Falls prevention
- And more…
Exercise Physiology sessions are available the following times:
Monday to Thursday between 8am and 9pm, and Fridays 8am to 4pm.
DESCRIPTION OF EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY SERVICES
In addition to the Pilates Studio services we offer at Living Energy Pilates and Rehabilitation, we offer Clinical Exercise Physiology services for patients including:
- GPMP or TCA, for patients with chronic conditions and complex care needs with a GPMP (GP Management Plan) or TCA (Team Care Arrangements) in place with their GP. A Medicare rebate is available for a maximum of five Exercise Physiology services per patient each calendar year. A Referral is required from your GP.
- Diabetes / T2DM, for people with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Medicare rebates for up to 8 group services provided by Exercise Physiologists per year are available for perople with T2DM. These sessions require a referral from your GP.
- DVA, for patients who are DVA members. Department of Veterans Affairs Gold or White Card members may be entitled to clinically necessary treatment, check DVA Website for eligibility criteria. These sessions require a referral from your medical specialist. A valid D904 referral form is required to receive DVA funded Exercise Physiology services. A referral remains active for twelve months from the date of referral.
- Workcover / TAC (Transport Accident Commission), for patients with existing Workcover / TAC claims. A referral letter from your Workcover / TAC Case Manager will be required.
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme), eligible NDIS Participants are able to access NDIS funding. A plan is required with approval from your NDIS Planner. Check the NDIS Website for eligibility.
FEES – EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY
Rebates may be available for GPMP, TCA, T2DM, and DVA clients. For privately funded clients the fees are listed below.
|Exercise Physiology Fees|
|1 x Initial Assessment (45min) plus 1 pair Gripperz Socks $95|
|1 x 30 min Consultation - Exercise Physiology $66|
|1 x 60 min Consultation - Exercise Physiology $90|