Precautions against COVID-19
Dear Valued Clients,
As many of you are aware there are now confirmed cases of community spread of the COVID-19 virus within Victoria, so we’d like to update you all on a few clinic and studio procedures that have been implemented in relation to the virus. These procedures are now in place to help continue to protect our community’s health.
Just as we have asked our own staff, we also request that if you are experiencing any cold/flu-type symptoms that you DO NOT attend studio. Please let reception staff know as soon as possible so that we can amend your booking. Late cancellation fees will be waived if you develop symptoms within the late cancellation period.
Please note, if you have just returned from an overseas trip from a high risk zone we would prefer you wait 2 weeks before you return to the clinic.
In the event you, or someone you have had contact with is diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have visited the studio with the past 14 days, we ask that you alert us so that we can take appropriate measures within our community.
For those able to continue to attend, here are 10 steps recommended by the DHHS:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available April).
- Shaking hands is best avoided
Whilst we have a well-implemented hygiene policy year round, in light of recent public health concerns we have taken the following extra measures:
- Extra hand sanitiser around the clinic for use, you will find this on the shelving near the tissues
- Disinfectant for cleaning of studio equipment has been upgraded
- Cleaning towels have been replaced by antibacterial disposable wipes
- Extra cleaning by staff to ensure that high contact areas (EFTPOS/hicaps machine, door handles etc) are disinfected frequently throughout the day
We are asking clients to support this risk minimisation protocol by:
- Washing your hands before and after sessions and classes – with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Wipe mats / reformers / barrels and other equipment before and after use
- Bring your own towel to use as extra protection from surfaces
It is important when keeping up to date with COVID-19 that we source our information from factual and reputable sources. The best way to do this is via the Department of Health’s website and their daily health alerts. https://www.health.
Your help in keeping everyone safe & healthy is appreciated! If you have any questions or concerns please chat to one of our staff.
Rafael and the team at Living Energy Pilates and Rehabilitation