They possess the knowledge, skills and competency to work with people with chronic and complex diseases, people with injuries and people who are apparently healthy.
AEPs must adhere to strict criteria in order to maintain accreditation and stay up to date with current research in the field.
What can an exercise physiologist help me with?
- Chronic disease prevention and management (e.g. diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (e.g. RSI/overuse injuries, back pain, joint pain & instabilty)
- Strength and conditioning
- Corrective exercise/postural correction
- Pre & post-operative rehab and reconditioning
- High cholesterol and blood pressure
- Reduction of coronary artery disease (heart attack, angina) risk factors
- Stress and anxiety
- Sleep quality
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Neurological conditions (e.g Parkinson’s, stroke)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Falls prevention
- And more…
Our Clinical Exercise Physiology services
GPMP or TCA
For patients with chronic conditions and complex care needs with a GPMP (GP Management Plan) or TCA (Team Care Arrangements) in place with their GP. A Medicare rebate is available for a maximum of five Exercise Physiology services per patient each calendar year. A Referral is required from your GP.
Diabetes / T2DM
For people with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Medicare rebates for up to 8 group services provided by Exercise Physiologists per year are available for perople with T2DM. These sessions require a referral from your GP.
For patients who are DVA members. Department of Veterans Affairs Gold or White Card members may be entitled to clinically necessary treatment, check DVA Website for eligibility criteria. These sessions require a referral from your medical specialist. A valid D904 referral form is required to receive DVA funded Exercise Physiology services. A referral remains active for twelve months from the date of referral.
Workcover / TAC (Transport Accident Commission)
For patients with existing Workcover / TAC claims. A referral letter from your Workcover / TAC Case Manager will be required.
Exercise Physiology Services and Fees
* Rebates may be available for GPMP, TCA, T2DM, and DVA clients. For privately funded clients the fees are listed below.
New Exercise Physiology Patients, or if you haven’t visited for 6 months or more…
|Initial Assessment (45min) plus 1 pair Gripperz Socks $95 *||Purchase Initial Assessment (45min)
For Existing Customers…
|30 min Private Consultation $70||Purchase 30 min Private Consultation
|45 min Consultation $80||Purchase 45 min Consultation
|60 min Consultation $95||Purchase 60 min Consultation|
To find out more about some of our specialised Exercise Physiology services click on the relevant links : Hydrotherapy, Oncology, Mobile and Telehealth.