Your Metabolism is the primary mechanism which determines whether you will lose or gain weight. Understanding your Metabolism is critical to the success of any weight loss / gain efforts. If you have a slow metabolism this will make it very hard for you to lose weight. In contrast fast metabolisms burn fat easily and often have trouble gaining weight.
Metabolic Testing with an Indirect Calorimeter is the gold standard in Metabolic Testing and Analysis. It is the only way to get an accurate measure of your Metabolic Rate. Normally you could only have this done at great expense as part of an elite sports team or university research project. However we are able offer this service now to you.
Before the test
In order to achieve an accurate result ensure the following:
- do not eat or drink anything other than water 4 hours before the test. This is critically important. If you do eat or drink anything before the test, there is a strong likelihood that the test may have to be postponed to another time.
- do not smoke at least 4 hours before the test.
- avoid any strenuous activity/exercise at least 3 hours before your test.
Medication – Continue to take any medication as normal and only delay the timing of your medication if it’s safe to do so. If you delay, remember to bring your medication with you so you can take it after the test. If you have any concerns about doing the test, please seek advice from your GP.
During the Test
During the test you will be invited to recline in a comfortable position and relax.
You will have a mouth piece in your mouth which will monitor your Oxygen consumption and Carbon Dioxide production in real time. You will have a nose peg on to ensure all breathing is done via the mouth piece.
Wear clothes you are comfortable in, the more relaxed you are the better the test, so wear clothing that you will be most relaxed in.
- Relax and close your eyes during the test.
- Keep lips sealed lightly around the mouthpiece . It is important that all the air you breathe out is analyzed.
- In just 10 minutes, your metabolic rate will be measured!
Are the results accurate?
The Indirect Calorimeter machine is extremely accurate and is made in the Australia and used in Hospitals and Universities for research.
The tests are safe and conducted by an Exercise Physiologist. There are no known risks from doing a Resting Metabolic Rate test.
Initial Metabolic Analysis Consultation
|Initial 60 Minute Session to determine your Resting Metabolic Rate $120||Purchase Initial Metabolic Analysis Consultation
Follow Up Metabolic Anaylsis Consultation
|Follow Up 30 Minute Session to determine your Resting Metabolic Rate $75||Purchase Follow Up Metabolic Anaylsis Consultation
Book an Appointment